July 26, 2013

Our little E man!!

*Just found this post in my box!! Guess I forgot to hit publish... yeah? Promise we love this boy to the moon and back!


I have been horrible about telling the birth story about Easton or even blogging period. It's just so much easier to fb or instagram. Really blogging is becoming a thing of the past. You know like MySpace but I think I'm going to try and stay old school so I can one day print it off. I'm not a scrapbooker so my kids won't have anything besides a computer full of pictures which that is another thing of the past. Now its more your phone. Wow... I really am rambling. I will get down to the real reason of this post.

First off he is amazing!! Of course I understand I'm his mom, but really he is such a happy soul. He fits right into our family. We couldn't feel more blessed to call him ours.

He was born March 8th at 7:30 am. I had been freaking out for 2 weeks prior. The first week I didn't want him to come because of Paisyn's birthday which was on the 2nd. I planned a big party for her that Sunday after all that craziness was over I started freaking out that he needed to come. Kenny had clients coming into town the following week and wouldn't be able to be at the hospital if I didn't go that week. I figured it would be easy after all I had been 100% effaced for a few weeks. I had a doctors appointment that Monday. I was hoping to be dilated to a 4 my doctor told me the week before if I came in and was a 4 he would walk me across the street and break my water. Of course I was only a 3, the same from the week before. How could this be? I had been a crazy momma planning Paisyn's party. Anyways, he said if you don't go by Friday I will start you. He had his nurse go call the hospital to get me on the books. He comes back with the worst news. I had to be put on a waiting list. They were already booked. I came home walked and was trying anything natural to start the labor. Nothing was working. Wednesday I called the hospital to see where I was on the list. I was lucky enough to be at the top but I didn't want to chance it. I sent a text to my lovely friend Courtney who does foot zoning to see if she would zone me Thursday if I didn't have  good news. Wednesday night I made dinner, danced with Paisyn and made up cheer words for my darling cousin who was trying out for cheerleader at her Jr. High (which she made it YAY!!) As I was in the middle of making them up I kept getting pains in my back. I timed them but the weren't consistent. So I just continued. After I finished I started to get nervous they weren't really painful but my doctor said he thought I would go really fast so I needed to get into the hospital right away when I felt like I was in labor. It was 11:00pm Kenny just came upstairs to get ready for bed. I told him I think I'm in labor. He asked should we go? I wasn't sure. I didn't feel any labor with Paisyn because I was started and got the epidural really early. I was talking to my sister in law Carly who is a nurse in L&D (poor thing got so many calls from me). I told Kenny go ahead and get ready for bed but as he was finishing up I said babe (nervous to tell him because 5 minutes ago I said I was fine) I think we need to go. We packed up the car, dropped P off with in laws and off to the hospital we went. All the labor was in my back. I kept thinking it really isn't that bad. They are going to send me home. I get there check in. I don't think the lady believed me that I was in labor. I really wasn't in much pain. I get up there, get dressed into my awesome gown. It's now 1:30. The nurse comes in sets me up to the monitors and checks me. I'm dilated to a 6... I was so happy. I thought awesome maybe 2 hours tops and I will have this little man here. She said let's get you a epidural right away. We call my mom, she gets there a little after 2. Nurse comes in checks me... Nothing. How could this be. I didn't want to go to sleep. I was to excited to sleep. I couldn't feel a thing or move. I had to keep asking am I still contracting?  I got a "Walt epidural" is what the nurse kept saying. I was so ready to meet this cute little boy. I finally closed my eyes at 4:00 am I still hadn't moved from a 6. My amazing doctor came in at 6:30 am  and broke my water said I'm going to do the rounds and be back for you to push. Nurses come in and start to set everything up. I'm so excited and nervous. I didn't know if I would be able to push. I couldn't feel anything (which most people wouldn't complain about) my doctor comes in a little after 7:00 am and I start to push. I think I was pushing :) but Easton was moving his head back with each push. I could hear with each time his heart rate get slower.They ended up having to use the vacuum and out he came. He was perfect. Our son was here and healthy.

Easton Don
7 lbs 13 oz and 21 in long.

Easton was born with his left foot turned out the wrong way. The on call pediatrician said oh wow I have never seen that. Awesome way to freak out some parents. I had an appointment with Easton's pediatrician in 2 weeks. He confirmed that it was positional but wanted it to be looked at to make sure all the bones had developed correctly.

About 4 weeks later we took him up to Primary Children's. We got some awesome looks from the doctor as she said it would turn on it own. Thinks she was thinking we were over protective. She was use to seeing patients that had Clubfoot and here we come with a cute perfect little boy that just had a positional problem. It had been in my ribs for the entire pregnancy (I could have told you that). All the bones had formed correctly. It now looks normal at 5 months. It was just a little scary for a dad who hopes his little boy will play ball  one day :)

Well this is the long story I keep playing through my head not wanting to forget a thing and I hope I never do but at least I will have it written down if I do :) 





0 comments: