September 13, 2010

Cleaning List???

Well I have a question for all of you that have lived in an apartment before. I just got the move out cleaning list from our manager and was pretty surprised and what they ask you to do. I consider myself a pretty clean person and don't think our apartment is that bad so it shouldn't take long, but still this list seems really long. Maybe it's just because I'm thinking of everything else that I need to do. So anyways here is the list....

Kitchen:
Clean sink
Stove - self clean the oven
Replace burner pans
Wipe stove completely
Clean knobs
Clean range fan - replace light bulb if needed (of course ours just went out yesterday)

Refrigerator:
Pull out and clean behind
Clean inside the fridge and freezer
Clean and wipe all sides and top of the fridge

Dishwasher:
Open dishwasher and clan the sides and the top-make sure there is no gunk on the bottom

Cabinets:
Clean and wipe inside and outside of all cabinets

Countertops:
Clean and wipe inside and outside of all cabinets

Walls:
Wipe down all walls and baseboards

Laundry Room:
Clean all walls, shelves and floor

Bathrooms:
Clean- sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, faucets, light fixtures, walls, floors and fan.

Front Door:
Clean both sides

Patio:
Clean and sweep - sweep furnace room - replace furnace filter - clean doors

Windows & Blinds:
Clean inside of windows. Dust all window blinds

Items you will be charged for if NOT replaced:
Furnace Filter
Burned out light bulbs
Burner Pans

Is that a long list?? I mean some of these are given and I would do anyways, but other I want to say isn't that why I gave you a deposit of $500?? I think we only get $200 back... I know it won't cost that much to clean the carpets and paint. Anyways... just had to vent. Better get back to work.

2 comments:

Laci said...

Ugh! I DESPISE those kind of lists!! Daniel finally said about 2 or so moves ago, that we could just pay for cleaners to come in. Its just too hard with a toddler and packing boxes solo while the hubby's at work to add tedious cleaning to the list, ya know?? Something to consider.. Sometimes you can even ask the management how much it is to use their cleaning people, and just lose some more of your deposit. LAME that you only get $200 back though!!! Good luck!!

Amy Moriah said...

Oh man! We weren't given a list. So we didn't replace anything. I think you are so right that our deposit should be used for that. I mean come on it's a little apartment! Hey I never asked you... Where are you guys moving to? We need to catch up. Hope all is well. Good luck with the cleaning. If I were still next door I would be over there helping you complete that long list.